User is not able to assign tickets

Fernando André April 4, 2023

Hello,

I have a situation that the user is in a Group allowed to assign tickets to user in the Role/Permissions of a project.

He has a jira service desk license.

But when someone tries by API or Jira directly to assign a ticket to a user that person is blocked.

I ran the test to validate the reason and it says he does not have a user jira service license attached although the user has.

We are also using Idp (Okta).

Any ideas?

Best regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

There are two things that a user needs to be assigned an issue.

• They must be an "Assignable user" in the project permissions.
  • If this is a Jira Service Management project, they must be an Agent. 

Only Agents can work on the issues behind the requests in JSM projects, are you sure your user is an agent and not just a Jira Work Management or Jira Software user?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

To be clear, I mean the target user, not the person doing the (re-)assigning.

Like Fernando André likes this
0 votes
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2023

hI @Fernando André 

In Permision Scheme There are to permisions : Assignable User & Assign Issues

In this case, could be that the user don´t have "Assignable User" Permisions ? in the Permision Schemes of the project.

Fernando André April 4, 2023

The user has those permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events