Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User can not search for other user

Marco Hübner February 22, 2021

When users create a ticket with an approver field they can not search for other users. As an administartor I obviously can.

Screenshot 2021-02-22 094753.png

When the user types the full username into the approver field Jira detects the user and sets it correctly but the searched username is not faded in.

All users have the global right to search users but they still can not search for them. Am I missing something?

All users, my admin as well are synced via LDAP with our Active Directory.

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Marco Hübner ,

Thanks so much for your question.

I have had a look at the documentation related to configuring approvals. Are you able to check the user picker custom field setup to confirm the configuration on your end? I think this scenario matches what you’re after (you want your customers to select the approvers):

1. In this scenario, you need to make sure the user picker custom field is available on the portal so that the customer can make the selection when they create the request.
    To add the user picker custom field to your request type:

2. Choose Administration () > Projects, and select the relevant project.

• Select the required project from the project list.

• In the Project settings menu menu, select Request types.

• Select Edit fields in the Actions column of the request type you want to add the field to.

• Click + Add field and select the field you want to add, and click Apply. The field will be added to your request type.

• Edit the Display name (this is the name that will display on your customer portal) and Field help (this is the information that displays next to the field on the customer portal) fields by selecting them and entering your text. You can also decide whether to make the field optional or not at this point. Click Update to save your changes.

• The field is added as Shown. You can change the order of the fields by dragging and dropping.

My next thought is that something must be going on with user permissions. It’s worth checking your customer access settings to ensure that your customers can select users or other customers from a drop-down list. Go to Project settings > Customer permissions and check the settings for "Who can customers share requests with?". This should be set to "Any customer or organization, by searching in this project", which will mean that:

• Customers can share their requests with anyone in the project. They can also search the service project for people to share with.
  • If anyone can email the service project or raise a request in the portal, then customers can share the request with people who aren't customers yet. The people they share requests with become customers.
  • If your service project uses user picker custom fields, such as the Approvers field, choose this setting to make sure customers can select users.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 4.16.37 pm.png

I hope that helps,

Charlie
Jira Service Management

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

Marco Hübner March 7, 2021

Dear @Charlie Marriott

thanks so much for your help. The secound solution that you mentiont was the Problem.

We had set it to "other customers in their organization". 

Like Charlie Marriott likes this
Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2021

Great to hear @Marco Hübner! I'm glad we got to the bottom of it 👏🏽

Take care,

Charlie 

Jira Service Management

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events