Unsaved comment

Ivo Noort December 24, 2019

I bet it's very simple but it's not obvious in the GUI.

How can you show an 'unsaved comment' and save it?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2019

Hello Ivo,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Usually, an unsaved comment shows when clicking on the comment box. It doesn't show a message that there is an unsaved comment, but when clicking to add a comment, it will show the comment that wasn't saved.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

ingrid_gain April 6, 2021

Yes, it does show as unsaved:

2021-04-06 09_00_54-[SAP2021-276] Add CRM _ Company ID Field in Customer List app - Jira - Opera.png

2 votes
Mary Brannen April 22, 2021

I spent a lot of time trying to restore my comment. Eventually I was able to find this site but I searched many combinations of 'unsaved comment' in the help section of Jira because I thought it was user error on my part.

At least update your help page to explain that this is bug if it has been a known issue for two years.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 174733.pngScreenshot 2021-04-22 174806.png

ingrid_gain April 22, 2021

Glad you were able to restore it. I could never get to that point.

Just one of the reasons I'm not a fan of Jira.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

Hello @ingrid_gain,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. 

The issue that you are facing is related to a known bug. For more details, please check the ticket below:

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch to receive updates about the bug fix.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events