Unassigned and assign someone with closed status

Amer Hameed August 8, 2019
We have 15 closed status tickets with unassigned techs to it, how do I change to assign it someone when in closed status?

Thanks

3 comments

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

Hi Amer,

Why do you want to assign issues that are closed?  That would be my first question.  Generally that means the request is completed and no more action?

But if you did want to assign, this is probably being blocked by a property on the workflow that prohibits edits or assigns on closed issues.  So you would need to edit the workflow and look at the step properties.

Hope that helps

Susan

Hi Susan

we need to assign them because my reports shows unassigned techs. How would I go about changing the workflow properties to let me change it?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

Hi,

But shouldn't your reports be excluding closed issues?

Here's the documentation on properties:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/workflow-properties-776636709.html

Susan

My standard dashboard report shows all assignee tickets but I do not know how to exclude unassigned?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2019

Hi Amer,

In the filter for the dashboard report add in the JQL:  resolution = Unresolved

That will exclude all closed issues

Hope that helps

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events