cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup service desk email channel from Office 365

Adam Niedzwiedz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2020

I have tried configuring a regular user and a shared mailbox. I can't connect a custom email account to either. I can log in via outlook.office365.com using the same credentials without issue.

I tried with Microsoft as the provider and other using IMAPS.

Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: "AUTHENTICATE failed."

This worked fine in the classic projects, but not in the next-gen service desk.

I'll also clarify that 2FA is enabled and I've created an app password. I tried using that, but the error is still the same whether I try and connect via Microsoft or IMAPS

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hello Adam,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for already testing with other options.

Checking the logs for your site, I didn't find any other error that could help us identify what is causing this issue.

Can you please check if IMAP is enabled for the account?

Also, if you are using Azure, the option "Enable security defaults" must not be enabled for your site. This option usually blocks IMAP and POP connections.

Regards,
Angélica

Adam Niedzwiedz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2020

IMAP is enabled and accessible for the same email account using the app password via a desktop email client.

It also worked immediately with 2 other cloud service desk providers.

Sorry, I've given up and closed my account.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events