Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see issues in Jira ServiceDesk Management created by another person

Amir Ali Ansari May 13, 2021

Hi All,

I have created a project and I am the admin of it.  Inside this project, I have created an Organisation and added few users to it. But in the portal, they are unable to see issues raised by each other. Even I am unable to see those issues in portal.

Please help me with this as how the users and me can view those issues created by them.

Portal.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

@Amir Ali Ansari -

Hi Amir:

Have you check your JSM project's Customer permission scheme?  Your permission scheme should have the following setup -  Check the "Other customers in their organization" option

2021-05-13_16-35-46.png

He or she needs to share his/her issues with each others, only then they can see others issue.  The reason you can see all of them is because you are the project admin.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi Joseph, 

I am unable to find  "Other customers in their organization" option. Can you please help me with the exact navigation.

Apart from this, I am unable to see those issues raised by the customers.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Hi Amir:

To access "Customer Permissions" section, you first must be the project administrator.  If you are then you can access it via "Project settings", then click on the "Customer permissions" in the left pane.

Please take a look at the permission scheme for your JSM project too, make sure the permission scheme is setup properly and you are in the right proper project roles.  If you can, please take a screenshot of your project permission scheme configuration, so I can further assist you.

Best, Joseph

Hi Joseph,

I have checked the project permission scheme but everything looks fine. 

I am attaching the screenshot of both "Project settings->Customer permissions" and "Project Permission Scheme configuration".

Please help me with the correct configuration.Project Permission Scheme configuration_1.pngProject Permission Scheme configuration_2.pngProject Permission Scheme configuration_3.pngProject Permission Scheme configuration_4.pngProject Permission Scheme configuration_5.pngProject Permission Scheme configuration_6.pngProject Permission Scheme configuration_7.pngProject Permission Scheme configuration_8.pngProject Settings - Customer permissions.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

@Amir Ali Ansari -

It is odd that you (as an Project Administrators role) and you don't see your customers requests in the portal.  Please ensure that you and your customers are associated to the proper project roles (Administrators, Service Desk Team, Service Desk Customers).  

Please also check the JSM application configuration (Clog wheel "Jira Administration >> Application option".  Under Jira Service Management", click on "Configuration".  In the configuration screen, try to change the option for requests be automatically shared with the organization - "Yes, new requests should be shared with the whole organization"

2021-05-14_9-18-43.png

Last point, your Customers permissions on "Who can raise requests?" seems to be wide open.  You may want to lock it down, so only customers who are added to the project can raise requests in your project via the portal.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Amir Ali Ansari May 14, 2021

Hi Joseph,

Under Jira Service Management" -> "Configuration" I have selected option for requests be automatically shared with the organization as "Yes, new requests should be shared with the whole organization".

Apart from this, I have put restrictions on Customers permissions on "Who can raise requests?".

But after making the above changes, neither the client nor I am able to see those issues.

Please help.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

@Amir Ali Ansari -

Can you confirm that both you and your clients are in the proper project roles for the project in question?

Best, Joseph

Hi Joseph,

I am having the role of Administrators, Service Desk Customers, and Service Desk Team. 

The clients are created inside the organization as clients. But they are not assigned any roles as I don't see any option of role here.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

Hi Amir:

For your account, you don't have to be assigned with Service Desk Customers and Service Desk Team project role since you confirmed that your are in the Adminstrators role.

At this time, I recommend that you contact Atlassian Support team for further analysis.  I would be interested to know what they have to say and the solution to resolve your case.  Based on your configuration, it seems everything is correct.  It is very odd that even you (Project Administrators) are not able to see your customer's issues via the portal.  

Last question - Are you able to see their issues directly in the JSM project UI?

Best, Joseph

Hi Joseph, 

I am able to see their issues directly in project UI.

Can you please help me with the contact details of Atlassian Support team.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

Hi Amir:

The URL is https://support.atlassian.com

Hope this helps.  By the way, I just saw that your current ask indicating you are using the FREE trial for JSM.  May be there is an limitation with the FREE version.

Best, Joseph

hi Joseph,

Thanks for the URL. I will connect with the support team.

Yes, this is a free trial of JSM but still, 3 persons can work in UI and multiple clients of an organization.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

@Amir Ali Ansari - 

What was your final solution on this ask after you contacted Atlassian Support?

Best, Joseph

Amir Ali Ansari May 17, 2021

Hi Joseph,

I have contacted the Atlassian Support team and recently it has been assigned to the corresponding team. I am waiting for a reply from them.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events