Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to modify notification alerts in Opsgenie even with Admin rights

Adithya Viswanathan May 18, 2023

I am currently using JSM free plan (Standard) with admin permission. I am setting up a support team, alerts, and notifications for a service project with On-call support schedules.

With the current plan, the agents and admins can configure notification alerts for the on-call schedule, which are of the following format 'Notify me via communication channel at myname@domain Just Before when my on-call starts/ends.

Ideally the Just Before part and change to 10mins, 30mins, or one day before the on-call schedule starts. But I do not see this option in notification creation steps (as seen in the attachment)

Screenshot 2023-05-18 174903 - Copy (2).jpg

Is this feature only available in the paid plans? Could someone provide an insight and solution for this? 

1 answer

1 vote
Adithya Viswanathan May 19, 2023

Following my conversation in another question here , it appears that Essentials (and JSM/O Standard) plans only allow for one notification rule. 

So, the workaround was

• Delete the existing rule
  • Create a new rule which in deed shows the option to modify the notification duration (as seen in attachment)

More info on limitation of features available in Free/Essential plan can be found here. 

Screenshot 2023-05-19 164907 - Copy.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events