Pramodya Gamaethige May 3, 2021

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2021

Hi @Pramodya Gamaethige

Could you please provide a brief description of how you try to change the Due Date? How is End Date mapped in BigGantt Technical Configuration? Thank you!

Pramodya Gamaethige May 10, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture  thank you very much for your feedback. I tired to change due date inline initially and it did not work.

So tried adjusting the time bars in the Gantt chart as a workaround and it worked. (When I drag the time bar for a future date the due date is also adjusting. )

P.S : A quick clarification, How do we add our custom fields to Gantt chart columns? I tried to add some custom fields can not see in the column name list.  TIA

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Pramodya Gamaethige

You are welcome! Inline editing of Date field type is currently unavailable in BigGantt. However, we are doing our best to make the plugin more user-friendly. Therefore we are currently working on implementing this feature. 

You can follow the functionality development works in the feature request ticket ONE-12637. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser

Indeed, if in Jira Administration >> Manage Apps >> BigGantt Technical configuration >> General, you map the End Date to Due Date, then dragging a task will influence Due Date. Here you can find more about mapping. 

You can add a Jira custom field by clicking the cog icon and search for a given column. See my image as a reference. 

image - 2021-05-11T083732.134.png

What type of custom field is the one you try to add? 

Like Pramodya Gamaethige likes this
Pramodya Gamaethige May 11, 2021

@Anna-BigPicture  Much thanks for your detailed clarification and looking foraward to see new features. I tried to add my own custom field named dev completed date. Earlier it was not displayed in the list but it is available now. Might be a syncing issue. 

Anyways thanks again for the support. 

Pramodya Gamaethige May 12, 2021

@Anna-BigPicture Hi Again,

Can we add custom fields for program overview too? 

overview.PNG

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
May 12, 2021

Welcome! I am glad that finally, you set up your Column View in accordance with your needs.

Regarding column customization in the Overview module - we are on the way. Please have a look at the feature request - ONE-12894.

Are if you have further questions, just tag me in your post. I will gladly help you!

Pramodya Gamaethige May 12, 2021

Looking forward to see the enhancements. Cheers!!

Pramodya Gamaethige May 19, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture , any updates on the release date of column customization in the Project Overview? This is a key requirement for our team. Appreciate your feedback. 

Pramodya Gamaethige May 19, 2021

is there any possibility of having the description in main overview as a workaround?

Thanks!

desc.PNG

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
May 20, 2021

Hi @Pramodya Gamaethige

I would like to ask you to specify what types of fields you would like to display in the Overview module? You mentioned custom fields in your previous post, and I would like to clarify if this text type of field or numeric with aggregations?

Regarding adding Box description as a column - the work is underway! The functionality will be available within 6 months. Here you will find more details - ONE-35170.

Pramodya Gamaethige May 21, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture ,

Our requirement is to have to additional columns for the 3rd party involvement, allocated budget , current utilization and budget balance.

We do not need time tracking, original estimate, remaining estimate and time spent for this overview.

If we enter the initial budget and update the utilization, balance should be updated.

But as a start I'd really like to have at least below fields.

1. 3rd part Involvement - text field  ( ex: Microsoft) 
  2. Allocated Budget -  as we need to maintain the currency type a text field would be okay. (ex: 800 $)

I really appreciate if you could look in to this as we are really happy with the current functionalities and don't want to move to another add on.  Having the said fields will improve the visibility of the project and we can provide this overview for management reporting. 

Much thanks and stay safe!

ganttttt.PNG

Pramodya Gamaethige May 21, 2021

P.S : It's better if the user can add/ remove columns based on the preference. 

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
May 27, 2021

Hi @Pramodya Gamaethige

We fully understand the necessity to implement the improvements you write about, and thank you very much for your feedback. 

I will make a short summary of our conversation so far.
We planned, and currently, we are working on a set of new features that will make the Overview module more adjustable to specific business needs. 

Please remember to open links in the Incognito window.

Much thanks, and stay safe as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events