Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create JSW issue through JSM

Licence EGT May 22, 2023

Greetings!

I searched old threads but couldn't find a solution to the problem I face.

Goal:

Automatically create an issue in Jira Software when a JSD issue reaches a certain status.

Problem:

I am trying to achieve the above goal by using "Automation rule", however I do not see the Jira Software project from the available listed options. 
There is an established link between the 2 projects in JSD and Jira Software.
The user (me) has permissions to create/edit/browse issues in both projects and also administer them.

If automation is not possible "Create linked issue" in the target Jira Software project will suffice, but the project doesnt show there as well. I can however link a jsd issue to a Jira Software issue - so to a degree the 2 projects "see" eachother.

Versions:
Jira Service Management 5.7.1
Jira Software 9.7.1

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hey @Licence EGT ,

I'm wondering if you rule is set up as a multi project rule/global rule?
If you need to go cross project you'll need to create the rule as a global/multi project rule.

You should be able to see that in the rule details.

Screenshots would also be helpful if you have them.

Licence EGT May 22, 2023

Hey, thanks for your answer!

I did set it up as multi project rule, yes. The JSW project name is RD Engineering and it does not appear in the drop-down menu.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 124311.png

I've connected the 2 projects, this is from the JSM side:
Screenshot 2023-05-22 124812.png
It is a 2-way link, from JSW side:
Screenshot 2023-05-22 125153.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hmm I don't see why project links would be necessary here.

Are your JSM and JSW on different instances? 

Have you tried typing the first part of the project name? Because I do see "Engineering Division" in your dropdown and also in your project links.

Licence EGT May 22, 2023

JSM and JSW are on different instances yes. 

"Have you tried typing the first part of the project name? Because I do see "Engineering Division" in your dropdown and also in your project links."

- Engineering Divison is the name of the JSM project, whereas EGT-RD-Engineering is the name of the JSW project. I've tried typing it, it does not appear.

Licence EGT May 22, 2023

And because they are on different instances I guess I will have to use webhooks.

The automation tool can create issues only in its own instance.

Your question made me think

Cheers

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Great! 

Sometimes it takes a bit of back and forth to dig in to the issue and to see  the solution :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events