Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add new organization

Marie-Claude Ganache September 28, 2020

Hi all, 

I am trying to create a new Organization for my Jira Service Desk and I am getting the below error message (in French) "Une erreur est survenue. Vérifiez votre connexion et réessayez." (Translation is: "An error has occurred. Check your connection and try again.") 

Would anyone know why ? My internet connection works perfectly fine an I have rebooted my computer multiple times.

Thanks!Screenshot_1.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

Hi @Marie-Claude Ganache , welcome to the Community. Interestingly enough, I saw another post about someone having an issue w/ adding an organization today but that might just be a coincident. Have you been able to add orgs in the past? Have you reattempted and/or tried a different browser? Maybe log out and back in?

Hi @Jack Brickey 

It's actually my first time adding an organization myself, as I am new to the company I work for. But my colleagues managed to do it in the past without any issue. 

I did try with 2 browsers so far (Firefox and Chrome) and I am getting the same issue with both. I did try to log out and log back in as well and I still get the issue. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

since you can access the screen to add an org I believe you have the necessary permissions. Can you check w/ your colleague to see if they are able to add? If they cannot then I would reach out to Atlassian Support

Now I want to be clear here that when you click in org field and enter some org name do you see "create new" as below...

SD-TEST_-_Customers_-_Service_desk_-_JIRA.jpg

I spoke to one of my colleagues and she told me that she didn't get the issue, which is very strange. 

I followed the same steps as you did above :( 

I am not sure what to do now.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

did you open a support request with Atlassian Support?

Marie-Claude Ganache September 30, 2020

Hi @Jack Brickey 

After reviewing again with my colleague, there were actually some issues with my accesses. The error messages wasn't really explicit which is why we did not realize that.

It's all fixed now! Thank you :) 

Like Julian Dumitrascu likes this
Anjel Loza May 4, 2022

Hey @Marie-Claude Ganache 

Would you be able to tell me was changed on the back end? I am having the same exact issue as you.

Like Jean-Francois Hetu2 likes this
Jean-Francois Hetu2 November 14, 2023

We didn't get the answer in the end?

0 votes
Engin Erkan January 11, 2023

I had the same issue for some moment. Then I ended up here. It is not clear to the user that adding new organization option becomes available after typing some letters into the field. When you click on the free-text field a drop-down opens and the impression is that you can only select from a limited set of organizations. I was looking for a "add new organization" button. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events