While trying to add email id to a project it throughs up error as "

Error when editing email settings" says should have some visible fields...,

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2021

Hello Gauri,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When configuring an email channel, it will show the suitable request types for you to select and only Summary and Description can be required as was already mentioned in this thread. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 15.16.01.png

If there are more than those two fields on the desired request type, but on the Project settings > Request types it shows that the fields are optional, it’s important to check if the other fields are not required on the field configuration.

Go to Project settings > Fields and check if the other fields are not set as required. If so, click to edit and mark them as optional.

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 15.24.10.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

@Gauri Velankar  , what is the full error?

Does the request type for the email channel have subject and description in it?

Gauri Velankar February 10, 2021

Error.jpg

Even though I have fields like summary and description fields visible, still when I click to add email Id I am getting the above error. 

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

@Gauri Velankar  , are there other fields that are marked mandatory.  Are you checking on the correct request type?

This error is a common one and gets fixed with updating as the error message says.. 

In request type I have created a new request type as "Email" in that by default summery has mandate. Apart from that nothing is mandate. not getting how to resolve the issue

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

how to associate "Email" request type with email channel

while adding the email id itself I am getting the error which I showed you, 

Gauri Velankar February 12, 2021

Thank you so much for your support, I have resolved the issue. Now able to add Email ID to a project

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events