Unable to add customize field column in filters

Rodriguez_ Jhon Ronald September 22, 2020

My teammate admin role was unable to add a customize field column under filters.

I am the project lead and I can remove and add the customized filed in a column under filter.

I tested to assigned him as a project lead and yet still cant add column.

we also tested the select both My defualts and filter. cant still add column for customize field.

jira filters.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

Could you describe the symptoms of "could not add column"?  Does it not appear in the columns list?  The tick does nothing?  You tick it and the column does not add to the right hand side of the results?

Also it looks like you have a custom field called "Resolution" - this should be avoided as it is the same name as the system "Resolution" field and is probably going to be confusing.

Rodriguez_ Jhon Ronald September 23, 2020

Yes, could not add column.

Yes, doesn't appear in the columns list.

Yes doesn't display after I tick it.

Yes, I've created a custom resolution for us to show what has been done upon resolving an issue.

Adding a default Resolution in column is not helping us as it showing blank value.

the confusing part here is I can add and remove the custom field while my other team can not.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

Ok, that does not make sense.  Specifically:

• Yes, doesn't appear in the columns list.
  • Yes doesn't display after I tick it.

If it is not appearing in the columns, then there is no box to tick, so those contradict each other.

Let's take a step back and put ourselves in the right place to debug it properly.  First, rename your "Resolution" custom field to something else, and something unique.  As I notice you also have a second field called "CF - Resolution" - maybe rename your text one to "CF2 - Resolution" or "Resolution Text"

Next, go to a new search and check what columns it has already - are there any "resolution" fields in the header already?  Which one(s)? 

Now open up the columns list and type resol as you have in your original screenshot, and tell us what field names appear there

Next select the one you want in the display and go back to the display.  Has that one appeared as the right-most column on the grid?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events