Turn off view *ALL* requests in customer portal

Dave Maurer December 28, 2018

I am trying to limit our customers' access to tickets created by other people within a company.

We have Company A that has 10 users.

User 1 should only be able to see tickets where he is the creator or a participant. But if his name is not on a ticket, it should not be visible in the ALL requests option.

However, an Admin User should be able to see ALL ticket requests for their company only.

Any suggestions on how to do that?

2 answers

0 votes
Sergej Grasmik December 28, 2018

Hi Dave,

are you talking about service desk agents?

try to restrict access to projects using Project permissions

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2018

Hi Dave. So if you have all 10 listed in an Organization then the reporter can elect to add other users as participant. Others won't see any tickets under "All" unless they are participants. This assumes you have project > project settings > customer notifications > customer add set to disabled. I may not misinterpreting your goal.

Currently, all the companies we support are listed as an Organization in our Service Desk Project

Each organization has a number of employees that submit tickets - we have them listed as customers of the Organization.

So now, when a customer gets an email about a ticket, they can log in and see the status of that ticket.  - ALL GOOD

But some of our tickets are sensitive and shouldn't be visible by all the customers of that organization. 

I'm hoping to find a setting that would remove the "All" option from the web portal profile for most customers... or at least restrict them from seeing other tickets by other customers within their organization.

But would leave the "All" option for an administrative customer (i.e. CEO).

Does that help clarify?

Like o_diachenko likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2018

Do you have the "Customer added" notification enabled whereby all customers in an organization receive a notification when any issue is created by anyone in the organization? AFAIK, that is the only way a customer will be notified of the existence of a ticket other than if someone adds them as a participant. I'm trying to understand how they are seeing issues they are not participants of under the All option as I do not experience that today.

On the email a customer receives is a link to view the ticket in the , online portal (https://ipointllc.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1)

On the profile there is an option to view request Created by me or All.

The All on the web portal is what I'm trying to control.

Custom Notifications is enabled for Request created, Public comment added, and Public comment edited.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2018

Yes I understand that "if" the user receives an email it has a link to the portal and specific ticket. My point/question is, does every ticket send and email to every customer in an org or just to the reporter. The only time that every customer should get notified AFAIK is if "Customer Added" notification is enabled. Which, IMO, is not generally a good idea.

That aside, can you go to the portal as a customer and verify that "All" actually is truly all tickets or just those where you are the either the reporter or participant? You can test this by finding a ticket where you are a participant and then remove yourself as a participant and then re-check "All" and see if it is now gone. This demonstrates that as long as the following don't occur then the customer will not see the issue in the "All" list:

1. they never receive the email of the ticket being created which would otherwise allow them to start participating in the thread (customer added = disabled)
  2. the reporter does not share the ticket w/ others

BTW, are you on server or cloud. the details I'm providing here are based upon cloud and may vary on server.

Email is only sent to the person who created the email/ticket, NOT the entire organization.

I already tested the ALL  link on the web portal - and it DOES show all tickets created by that organization.

I'm on Server.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2018

interesting. I'm wondering if Server behaves differently. On the surface it certainly appears so. For grins can you check if you are made a Participant by default on all issues and if so does removing yourself as a participant make it disappear?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2018

If you are on server, you should be able to select, if you want to share a request with your organisation or if you want it to be a private request. There should be a little dropdown right above the create button.

If you select private, it should not be shared and not appear, when ALL is selected.

Can you check, if this dropdown menu is there? 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Wanga_Ngcwayi June 24, 2019

Is there a way of disabling the "All" so that it does not appear in the portal?

JiraUAT ServiceHub September 27, 2021

Currently using Jira Server Data Center version, I also want the ability as a Customer to disable the 'All' option for customer portal, but leave this option for Administrators and Service Agents. Where can you do this and if not, when can it be implemented as its coming on 3 years since original request by Dave.

Sistemas KENDU October 26, 2021

+1

Natalie Hahn January 13, 2022

1+

Alberto Vaglio April 28, 2022

+1

Even for Jira Cloud I can't find a solution

Harshil Shah February 16, 2024

I need a solution to this as well @

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders