Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn On Notifications for all customers by default

Ramakanth Josyula August 24, 2020

Hi In one of our Service Desk projects, it has been noticed that the "Notifications Off" on the issue page is set to be OFF for many our customers by default even though they have not set this. This is leading to not receiving emails for tickets they are added to. 

Is there a way for the project admin to set them all back to ON for all customers? 

notifications.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2020

Hello @Ramakanth Josyula,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Customer notifications are enabled by default, except for people added to an organization.

With that said, if a customer is part of an organization and shares the ticket with them when the ticket is created, the reporter will have notifications enabled, but the customers in the organization will have to go to the ticket and click to receive future updates.

This is the notification that members of an organization receive:

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.03.09.png

They only receive the above notification and then they will have to go to the portal and opt-in to receive future notifications.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Wim Abts June 4, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz 

We are currently facing this: a customer is added to an organization, when this customer creates a ticket, the ticket is shared with the organization, but for the reporter, the ticket is set to NOT receive notifications, altough she is the reporter.
How can this be explained?

This is not for all customers, only for a few (as far as we know).

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Wim Abts,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I saw that you created a question related to this issue and you are using Jira Server, so what was shared on this thread will not work in Server.

Also, you created a ticket with our support, and since the ticket is private to only us and you, feel free to share screenshots and logs so our Server team can check what is happening in this specific case.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Wim Abts June 4, 2021

Hi,

Why is this not applicable to server ? Is this for cloud then ? I don't see that mentionned anywhere.

We are using data center

1 vote
Eric Bergeron June 20, 2022

From @Angélica Luz 's answer, 
if Customer notifications are enabled by default, except for people added to an organization, then I would expect that the email the org receives has the link "Turn notifications ON for this request", instead of "off". 

Reading "off" then brings the receiver of the notification the impression that they are already set to receive future update notifications!

This is an issue for our organizations. 

0 votes
Quoc Nghia, TRAN August 25, 2020

Hi,

I have ever faced a problem as you mentioned.

But your customer has clicked the Turn of notification on their receiving email, have not they?

Ramakanth Josyula August 25, 2020

These are new customers we just set up so they have never turned off their notifications. Also I have never seen this option on the Service Desk itsefl on the issue page. 

Wim Abts June 4, 2021

Hi, were you able to resolve this? 
We are seeing the same problem

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events