Trying to display time on ticket/queue?

Dillon O Callaghan January 14, 2021

I hope you are well. I was hoping that you could maybe help me with an issue that was raised to me regarding the helpdesk.

We need to be able to see the time when the ticket was created both on the ticket and in the queue. Is this possible?? This baffles me that it isn't displaying by default.

Kind regards,

Dillon O Callaghan

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

sure that is possible. for queues, just edit the queue and add createddate to the display. for the issue view just add the field to that screen.

Dillon O Callaghan January 15, 2021

That gives the date surely? I'm trying to add the time..

There is no field named createddate for Columns on Jira Services Desk... 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Sorry I didn’t assume time literally here I just assumed date. In any event the actual time component of the created date/time will not be show in a list, only in the detail issue view. The column in the list is called “Created”. The JQL field is “createddate” or “created”. 

and why can't I add time? It seems like a very obvious field to have displaying when choosing which ticket an agent will deal with next. All our tickets are closed by the end of each days work so the Date doesn't help much at all... I can't imagine it being that hard to add a dateTime function to your next update surely? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

as I don't work for Atlassian in any capacity I cannot say why this options has not been implemented. I did locate a suggestion in JAC that you might want to watch/vote as it is currently in the "Gathering Interest" status - JSDCLOUD-4131 . Finally, you might want to try out a Marketplace app, e.g. Queues for JSM or Smart Queues for JSM. While I do not have personal experience w/ either of these I have observed them and there are some nice improvements over the OOTB offering. Admittedly I cannot say whether either support your requirement but a simple email to the vendors will answer that. If you do go that path it would be great if you added your findings here for the benefit of future users.

Cheers!

Thanks Jack. I will keep you/everyone interested in the loop here. Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events