Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble upgrading to v4.22.6

Applied Minds February 21, 2023

I can upgrade our instance from 4.2.2 to 4.17.1 with no problem.  I run into Database issues when I go from 4.17.1 to 4.18.2.  Ultimately, I want to get to 4.22.6, because that it the first version that will support the new Microsoft authentication.

1 answer

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

Hi @Applied Minds 

What is the database issue ? What is your database and version ? Do you have other application than JSM ? (JIRA Software)

Regards

We also use Confluence.  I'll check with my SysAdmin for the specific DB issue information.

This is the error after a Jira Software upgrade from 8.17.1 to 8.22.6.  I get the same error when I try to go to 8.18.2.  This server is also running "Service Management"  I have another server that I will need to upgrade that runs "Confluence"

Database: We've found an error in MySQL supported version!

The database type in your dbconfig.xml is set up to MySQL 5.7 and your MySQL version is different. Consider using MySQL 5.7 database type instead
See our documentation for more information on changing database type.

Learn more

I have to admit that I inherited this application.  I do not have previous experience with it.  I have tried to follow some of the articles related to this issue, but I feel that I do not have the necessary base knowledge to interpret what they suggest I do.

[root@colo-jira-test ~]# mysql --version
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.26, for Linux (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper

[root@colo-jira-test ~]# mysql --version
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.26, for Linux (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2023

Could it be related to this issue ? 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-71060

Applied Minds February 23, 2023

Hi Florian,

It looks like it may be related, but it doesn't help me.  Is it possible to have a phone conversation?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events