Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger sla to an issue based on customer who created it?

Matt Hackett February 23, 2021

Is it possible to make the customer or customer organization the trigger for an SLA to an issue?

e.g. can I configure an SLA so that it is triggered based on which customer created the issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 25, 2021

Hi @Matt Hackett 

If Organisation`s name is in the custom field of tickets, you can try SLA Time and Report.

It allows set for SLA start/stop conditions any issue fields, inclusion Organisation.

2021-02-25_13-47-56.png

Hope it will help you

Regards

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

@Matt Hackett -

Based on what I know of it, you should be able to constructed the proper JQL to query on the organization field when you setup the GOAL portion of an SLA setup.

2021-02-23_21-53-40.png

We have not tried that type of setup yet in our env, so I cannot 100% that it will work.  Let me know of your test result.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Matt Hackett February 24, 2021

Thanks Joseph,

It's true you can add an Organization as a trigger using JQL, but the problem seems to be that Organizations can't have fields applied to them; so e.g. you can't construct a JQL query that would trigger an SLA based on it being created by any Organization of type x.

This means that every separate Organization would have to to be added after an OR function in the JQL query to make the trigger apply to all of those orgs. It seems like you'd have to update the query every time you added another customer org, which obviously would be impractical.

So far I've gotten around it by creating a multiple service-level field that applies different SLA rules. But those fields have to be manually applied to an issue by an agent after it is created by the customer, so it's not convenient over the long term.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events