Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger a workflow transition as a result of an email notification from Service Desk

David Stokes October 26, 2020

Hi Atlassian Community

OK, here's an interesting one.

In JSD someone external submits a ticket on our helpdesk, which in turn creates a notification that will be sent to that person.  I want to be able to get some sort of 'signature' from that person before we can process the ticket.  Could we put something in that email notification that if the person clicks on a link, that it triggers a workflow transition it to the ticket?  Or there's some text in the email so when they reply, it can be picked up in JSD and execute the transition.

Looking forward to hearing about any suggestions for this - hopefully something that is nice and simple and won't cost a lot to implement.

Thanks

David 

1 answer

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

@David Stokes 

Sounded to me as a Approval Step. Youre able to request approvals, using the report itself with a transition or automate the request for approval when transition from a different step i.e "request for approvals" . 

When approval is requested, the approver is notified via email requesting approval action. They also are able to perform this approval from Customer Portal.

Full information here

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/set-up-an-approval-stage-for-a-request/

I hope this helps.

David Stokes October 27, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion @Patricia Francezi.  What I'm specifically after is the approval from the person submitting the ticket, and that person is not necessarily a person with a login to the system.  We are trying to replace forms that would normally be filled manually and they would sign the form.  So we are wanting to replicate that. So the idea was somehow doing it via the email messages that go between the submitter and JSD.

Hope that makes sense.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events