Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total anonymity on a specific portal request

Jim Stewart December 18, 2020

In creating a portal for our HR department, one of their requests was for an 'Anonymous Ethics' choice. So if anyone sees a violation of company policy they can report it and never have to identify themselves. However, as you can see from the picture, it will still say 'Raise this request on behalf of' which completely gives away the person's identity. Any way to hide or remove it for just that one form? 

Ethics.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ben friedman December 18, 2020

I dont know of that can be done, since a ticket has a reporter. You could create a special account, general@email.com, and submit on its behalf. 

I was afraid of that. When you say "submit on its behalf," you mean that instead of using the portal, we would create a generic email. And then whenever someone wants to report an ethics violation, we would advise them to use only that email which will send it to the project and (via automation) assign it? So, total anonymity impossible on the portal?

ben friedman December 18, 2020

The approach makes sense. I dont know if it works for the portal/service desk. I think its worth a shot.  Make sure to note the comment in the article about anon users having access to all cases unless you block it (server instance).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events