Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to first response not stopping

Mark Valentine August 19, 2019

I have checked previous requests, I cannot find an answer.

The Time to first response timer does not stop. I have it configured as default, it was working fine during the testing phase, however now it has simply stopped functioning as expected. 

Start

Begin counting time when

Issue Created

Pause on (Optional)

Time is not counted during

Stop

Finish counting time when

Comment: For CustomersEntered Status: Done

Is there something I am missing? The calls are logged by customers, and answered to by service-desk users.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2019

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
The SLA configuration seems correct and the SLA should stop if the comment from an agent is public.
Is it happening on all the tickets?
Is it happening on other service desk project?
Was there any change on the SLA?
If when adding a comment for customer, the status also changes, can you please add on "Stop" the "Entered status: Waiting for customer" and check if it will stop?

Regards,
Angélica

Mark Valentine August 20, 2019

Hi Angelica

It is happening on all tickets yes. I only have the one project so I am unable to test an alternate one. 

There have been no changes made to the SLA, it was functioning as expected last week.

I have added the Entered status: Waiting for customer", no luck the SLA still ticks away. :/

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2019

If an agent is commenting on the issue, the SLA should stop. It won't work, for example, if a customer comments because then it would be "Comment: By customer".
A customer on a ticket can be the reporter, participant and also part of an organization.
I'm giving you this explanation because there are cases where an agent is added to an organization and when this agent is the assignee of the ticket, even if they have a license and a role to work on the ticket, Jira will recognize them as customers.
Please, check on the project if there is an organization and confirm if the agents are not part of an organization.
Make sure that they are not also a participant on the ticket.

Like # people like this
Mark Valentine August 21, 2019

Removing the agents from the organisation has resolved this issue!

Like # people like this
Izabella Cikalova January 29, 2020

Hi, 

We have the same issue - Time to first response not stopping when Reporter and assignee are one and the same person, when reporter and assignee are within one and the same organisation (for all our internal tickets). Is there any other solution for this, because we need to keep agents within the organisation.

1 vote
Mark Newell August 19, 2021

This also doesn't work if the responder is listed in the Request Participants field which might be a bit of overkill.

Just sayin...

Patrick Stepkowski December 29, 2021

Thanks for sharing this. I've had the issue with one of our tickets and was unable to explain why SLA didn't stop, now I know - definitely an overkill, IMO.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events