Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time delay for automated response.

jlee April 6, 2021

Hello,

Current state: Jira automated response to customer generates/sends immediately after the ticket is received.  The customers knows it was not sent by an actual person in this case because the reply was instant.

Desired state: I want to generate/send the Jira automated response roughly 60 seconds or so after the ticket has been received.  

How can I create a delay between when the ticket is received and when the Jira automated response is sent?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Hey @jlee ,

You could create a scheduled automation that uses a JQL with a time filter to get all the issues where created is between now and a minute a go.. based on those on that result you could then send out the emails.

My question tho is "why".. customers know these systems are automated, they know it is a system email that just confirms it arrived correctly..

Even if your email system is a bit slow you could already have a delay and the email would always be the same for multiple tickets anyway.

So I think you can build it with the scheduled automation but I keep coming back to .. why..

jlee April 6, 2021

Thank you Dirk...Can you share a link to the JQL time filter information?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events