Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket increment is random

Licenses ProvWater February 1, 2021

About a week or so ago I did some maintenance on the system. Updated core to 7.10, and Service desk to 3.1.10. Did some re-indexing and now my project keys in service management are randomly incrementing(see pic)JiraKeys.JPG.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Ray

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

This looks like your report is sorting by something other than key, and possibly not reporting all the issues.

Issues are not being missed. It is actually in the database this way. Seems like the increment counter is not reporting the last key correctly. Is there somewhere I can check on how the keys are incremented or assigned?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Actually, this is likely to be down to a long-standing bug and it's not quite the counter.

You should find that none of the issues listed have had their keys changed, what is happening is something is creating an issue, getting far enough through the process that it takes the next key but then falls over, not actually creating the issue.  The issues that you create later are being keyed in between batches of failures.

I've only ever seen this happen when

• There's something wrong with a "create from email" process
  • There's a really bad script (specifically meaning one I wrote with a horrid loop in it) running as a post-function on "create issue"

Have a look at the application logs in <jira home>/logs to see if there are any errors in there - atlassian-jira.log

Thanks for the advice. I believe this is happen with the email portion. I will look into it further. I will keep the thread posted.

Ray

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Licenses ProvWater February 11, 2021

After doing some research I found that the email handler is no longer working. I get the message:

Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a JIRA application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]

We only use 2 people to log into jira and create tickets. Others are just used for reference as to who is having the issue. The main account for the project is mis with an email address of mis@mydomain.com. We use the address helpdesk@mydomain.com for users to email requests. Do I need to change the email address of the user? In the mail handler, there is no place that I could find in which a user is assigned.

Hope this makes sense.

Ray

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events