This user's Atlassian account has been disabled

Ayrton Carter April 29, 2019

One of my service reps is getting issues to login to Jira SD cloud.

After checking in admin.atlassian I found out that his user is disabled and presented in fact with this message:

This user's Atlassian account has been disabled. Contact the user's organization administrators to enable the account.

As the organization admin; unlike other accounts, this one I cannot re-enable or 'grant site access' and quite literally nothing else I can do actually. 
Can someone please instruct me how I can re-enable this account please?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2019

Hey @Ayrton Carter

I want to confirm that when you are trying to re-enable his account, you are not in the User Management section, you are in the Managed Accounts section. 

If you are not in the Managed Accounts section, that is where you need to go to re-enable his account. 

Once you confirm, I can try and help you out more if that didn't fix it! 

Ayrton Carter April 29, 2019

Hey @Cody Stevens 
Thank you for your response.

And thank you for pointing that out! Seems I got turned around with the new interface and missed that section - problem solved!

Thank you once more and wish you a good day.

AC

Like Cody Stevens likes this
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2019

No worries, it took me a minute to figure that out too!

I'm glad I could help and I hope you have a great day too! 

Doxim Admin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2024

Thanks for the answer. This helps

2 votes
mruttan October 27, 2022

Using Jira Cloud in 2022, where the heck is the Managed accounts list???

2 votes
Mirka Osojca July 7, 2022

I have the same issue. I cannot re-enable only one of the users I have in my org. When I go to Managed accounts section I see message "You have no managed users". When I go to the regular user administration, I can administer all users, except this one who has account disabled. 

Capture26.JPG

0 votes
Gregor Bierhals December 2, 2019

I seems I have the same problem. I'm using Jira/Confluence Cloud and I'm the admin. 

When I go to User Management and select the user I want to re-activate, there's really nothing I can do. Instead there's the message:

This user's Atlassian account has been disabled. Contact the user's organization administrators to enable the account.

Can you please point me in the direction where I can find Managed Accounts? In the admin view there's no link or anything like that... 

Gregor Bierhals December 3, 2019

I finally figured it out. I have to say though that you do not make it easy to find stuff in your interface... 

Like # people like this
Reza Shayestehpour December 17, 2019

where was it?! I cannot find it either...

Gregor Bierhals December 18, 2019

You  have to go to https://admin.atlassian.com/ and there click on manage users. I was confused, as I was clicking on 'Directory' on the view below. If you see that screen, click on the 'A'-icon which brings you to the link above

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-18 um 10.56.18.png

Like Aravind Subramani likes this
Lynn Lannuzel November 23, 2021

Finally figured out, click on G Suite and you can find Managed Accounts

Derek Crawford June 7, 2022

I am having the same issue.  I tried following everyone's suggestions and still am unable to figure this out.

Like # people like this
Angus Buchanan December 1, 2022

I followed these instructions and I am still seeing no managed users. How do I re enable an account?

Like # people like this
René Wetzel April 25, 2023

For me the UI is looking different.

Finally found it ! 

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 10.41.17.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events