The tickets didn't create after receiving e-mails

Adrian Miraszewski September 3, 2020

Hi,

I have a problem with mechanics which creates tickets from e-mail.
Problem holds until I refresh my e-mail password on Jira. 
How I can fix this problem? Why and how often I have to refresh my e-mail password on Jira?

Best regards,

Adrian Miraszewski

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2020

What do you mean by refresh your password? Do you mean you need to change your Jira login password? That would make no sense that it would be related to the creation of issues by email. There has to be more to this story. How often you need to update your password depends on what your admin configured. You might wish to read this article - Cloud-password-policies 

Adrian Miraszewski September 3, 2020

No, by refresh my password I mean to refresh my e-mail password in Jira like in attachment. I refresh the password every time the mechanism does not work.

2020-09-03_14h28_18.png2020-09-03_14h28_27.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2020

You should only need to update the password if you have setup a custom email and that email has a timeout for password renewal.

Adrian Miraszewski September 6, 2020

Ok, so what could be the reason of the problems with mechanism which creates the tickets from email?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events