Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Automation screen has changed and now and I cant access [FIXED]

Gabriel Mercer de Lima S. November 16, 2020

A few weeks ago, i have createad a automation rule to set a specific approver in my tasks. This change should only be applied to one single project, but something went wrong and it was applied to all projects.

Now that the automation screen has been changed, i can't find this rule to change.

This are the steps 

System managemant > Automation > All rules.

Help

EDIT 1: The problem its not about automation screen, but its a default value in the custom field.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Hey @Gabriel Mercer de Lima S. ,

Can you go to:

https://yourinstance.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/ac/com.codebarrel.addons.automation/cb-jira-automation-rules

There you have the All Rules but also the Global Rules.

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

Checked the link, I have only 2 automations connected, but none of them is related to the approver field.

automation.PNG

All issues created in my environment come with approver.

Is there any other place where automations are set up?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Well u mention it’s in all projects so that’s strange. 
u can add automations in many ways. 

Perhaps to find out where it is, when u check an issue can u see in the history how the approver is set? Maybe that might give us a clue. 

but if I get it right, it’s for all your projects? Or just a single project but all issue types? 
U still have the legacy automation too which u can access through the project settings -> Automation and there u can see both the new and legacy. 

I followed your advice, and checked the history, there is no automation history about the aprovver, that means what I did was include a rule so that every task created would already come with a set approver.

Answering your question, this happens on all projects.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

I'm really thinking where else this could be.

Since it's not happening AFTER creation it should be in the creation itself. The only 2 things that I can think of are:

1. You added an approver to the Request Type (but that seems unlikely as you would have had to manually add it to all Request types for all projects)
  2. You are using a shared workflow between the projects and have added a Post function on the on the Create action (so between the Start event and the first Status) that sets the field. But that then would only happen on the same issue type each type and not on all issue types. As it is an approver, does it happen on all issue types too?

Other than those I'm drawing a blank on where else you might have set up an automation to set that approver.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

If it is the same approver for everyone, have you set a Default Value for the approver field? 

Like # people like this
Gabriel Mercer de Lima S. November 17, 2020

Thank you so much Guys! @Liam Green @Dirk Ronsmans 

I found the Defalult Value and delete. This solved the problem.

We started with Jira a month ago, and I'm still adapting with the tool. 

Understanding how to solve this problem made me learn a lot, I am very grateful to you guys.

I wish you a great week.

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

Glad we managed to solve it between us.

Trial and error and problem solving are the best ways to learn Jira.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2020

Hi @Gabriel Mercer de Lima S. 

Welcome to the Community!

If you go into the automation settings as you suggest, then click on 'All rules', does this show you the rule you're looking for?

image.png

Hi @Liam Green 

Thanks! 

Yeah iI checked "All rules", but i cant find that specific rule.

Thank you anyways

Is there any other place where automations are set up?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events