cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag the Custom Field Assignee in an automated Slack message

Cagla Ozardali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2023

Hi, I'm trying to tag the Custom Field Assignee in an automated Slack message using:
@{{Project Lead.displayName.split(" ").first}}.

But the Slack message returns:
@firstName without tagging the person.

The reason I chose to call the first name is that in Slack first-name-only is a common use for names.

The problem is that even the e-mails in Slack and Jira match, I cannot tag the person in the automated message. Can you help with this please?

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2023

Hi @Cagla Ozardali,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

This is expected, since Slack wants the display name in Slack, which by default is firstname.lastname. Your other option would be to import the member Id as an user entity and use that in your automation. Have a look at this article on how you can import the member Id from Slack.

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2023

@Cagla Ozardali

I would check out this article.

It looks like it is what you are trying to accomplish.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events