Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING TO JUST SHARE A FEW CARDS WITH SOME OUTSIDE USERS.

Tony Marciante October 6, 2020

Cannot be sure do I need an upgrade or not to share some boards with outside people.?

Is there a limit to sharing outside my "organization" or does ANYONE I want to share with be a person I'm paying for?

I have seen the page comparing the plans, but is a plan the oNLY way i can share things outside the boards structure.

Thanks in advance... Chef Tony

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2020

Hello @Tony Marciante

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that you would like to share some cards of your Jira Scrum/Kanban boards externally to non-licensed users. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, the Scrum/Kanban board of Jira software is a feature that can only be accessed by licensed users. We have a feature request to allow non-logged-in users to access Jira boards:

Making a board publicly available

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

That being said, you can try one of the options below to properly achieve your need:

1. Logged as a Jira user, you can print your Jira cards and display it as a screenshot to your external users
  2. You can configure your project to be publicly accessible by granting the Browse Project permission to Anyone group under project settings > Permissions. By doing this step, external users will be able to access your project issues (But not the board).
    P.S: This option will cause all your project issues to be publicly accessible, so ensure you have added security levels for those issues with sensitive information. Additionally, this option can only be achieved by users in Standard or Premium plans.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events