Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Surprised with email notification limit

I've used Jira and Service Desk at employers and signed up for a separate free (3 agent) JSD account for supporting a non-profit event. Testing went great and the event started great. Then email to participants stopped in the middle of the event causing quite a panic. Much later I saw that we had reached a daily email notification limit. In the Atlassian comparison chart of different plans, this is not shown. I still don't know what the limit is. I really wish that this limitation was visible in the comparison chart so we could have made alternate plans, and that agents would have seen much clearer error messages if a limit was reached. Anyone know more about this? We're hesitant to rely on JSD again without understanding this better.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Dave,

I've never used a free version of JIRA before. Based on your post I did a search and found this document that says JIRA free plans are limited to sending 100 emails per day.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/limitations-in-jira-cloud-free-plans-979432180.html#:~:text=Jira%20can%20send%20a%20maximum,limit%2C%20contact%20our%20support%20team.

It is also mentioned in this document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-jira-application-emails-776636789.html

I agree with you that it should be included in the pricing comparison chart.

Thanks. We could have so easily disabled the "Request created" notification that wasn't important to us, and doubled the number of ticket we could respond to. Next time :)

Thanks as well. It's so misleading  that the current pricing chart specifically states "Unlimited alerts, unlimited email" on the alerts and notifications line for the free cloud account.

We'll probably have to move back off of the software because of this unfortunately. 

Like cris_efficenta likes this

Jeff, I'm facing the same problem here. The plan says unlimited but as dailybasis I receive those notifications about my email notification limit.

0 votes
phw I'm New Here Sep 01, 2021

Same for us. 3 agents so we are on a free plan. But we discover the notifications limit this morning in production since 1 week now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Submit your Jira Service Management use case and win!

Hi everyone - in case you haven’t heard, we’re hosting the show of the century on November 10th: High Velocity: ITSM World Tour.     This virtual, concert-themed experience...

276 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you