Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprised with email notification limit

Dave Graubart June 7, 2020

I've used Jira and Service Desk at employers and signed up for a separate free (3 agent) JSD account for supporting a non-profit event. Testing went great and the event started great. Then email to participants stopped in the middle of the event causing quite a panic. Much later I saw that we had reached a daily email notification limit. In the Atlassian comparison chart of different plans, this is not shown. I still don't know what the limit is. I really wish that this limitation was visible in the comparison chart so we could have made alternate plans, and that agents would have seen much clearer error messages if a limit was reached. Anyone know more about this? We're hesitant to rely on JSD again without understanding this better.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2020

Hello Dave,

I've never used a free version of JIRA before. Based on your post I did a search and found this document that says JIRA free plans are limited to sending 100 emails per day.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/limitations-in-jira-cloud-free-plans-979432180.html#:~:text=Jira%20can%20send%20a%20maximum,limit%2C%20contact%20our%20support%20team.

It is also mentioned in this document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-jira-application-emails-776636789.html

I agree with you that it should be included in the pricing comparison chart.

Dave Graubart June 8, 2020

Thanks. We could have so easily disabled the "Request created" notification that wasn't important to us, and doubled the number of ticket we could respond to. Next time :)

Jeff Nishi February 5, 2021

Thanks as well. It's so misleading  that the current pricing chart specifically states "Unlimited alerts, unlimited email" on the alerts and notifications line for the free cloud account.

We'll probably have to move back off of the software because of this unfortunately. 

Like cris_efficenta likes this
cris_efficenta April 28, 2021

Jeff, I'm facing the same problem here. The plan says unlimited but as dailybasis I receive those notifications about my email notification limit.

0 votes
Chris Mann March 30, 2023

I've just found this today! - Forced to move from the server version to the cloud version and coming across a VERY long and VERY frustrating list of things that you have to pay extra for in the cloud! - Email daily limits being just another one of them.

0 votes
phw September 1, 2021

Same for us. 3 agents so we are on a free plan. But we discover the notifications limit this morning in production since 1 week now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events