Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Desk Users Ticket Updates

Paul Cope February 7, 2023

Support desk users who are working on tickets are getting update notification emails which state the ticket has been updated by myself and I haven't even looked at the ticket.

It is happening when a status change is taking place.

Waiting for support customer

but it is saying the change is by me.

Any idea how to get it to correctly get JIRA to identify the support desk user who is actually working on the ticket and not me.

We have done some more testing and a service desk team member closed a ticket the email notification also showed the change done by my user name.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2023

This sounds like you have an automation or script that is acting in your name.  Start with a look at the automations you have set up in the project, and then the global lists of automations and listeners.

Paul Cope February 8, 2023

No automation rules or global automation rules have been created.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

What about scripts, listeners or jobs?

Paul Cope February 8, 2023

I only know the basics of JIRA, where do I find those and what am I looking for?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2023

Some of that depends on what scripting and automation apps you have installed, but most of them will work by allowing you to add post-functions into workflows, or create listeners.

Go in to edit the workflow where this is happening and look at the transition that has this problem.  Check all the triggers, validators (there shouldn't be a validator doing this, it's a terrible thing to do, but someone might have) and the post-functions on the transition.  It's likely to be a post-function.  Most transitions have a default of five "system" post-functions, which will explain themselves well (fire an event, index the issue, etc) so you're looking for another one.  Hopefully, the person who added it described it well.

The other thing to look for is Admin -> Listeners - they're all independent items, and again, hopefully, the author put in a good description.

If your scripting tool is Scriptrunner, there's also a built-in script called "script registry" that gives you a list of every script and where it is running, which might help identify the culprit.

Paul Cope February 9, 2023

I have created a new workflow and moved the request type to use this new workflow.

Got a user to create a ticket and a member of staff to assign the ticket and comment.

The system is still flagging that the status has been changed by me.

I have looked at the post functions and it is the default 5 entries.

I only have the three built in internal listeners

I dont see anything when searching for scripts and I haven't done anything other than add apps for things like project management.

0 votes
Paul Cope February 7, 2023

It is happening when a status change is taking place.

Waiting for support customer

but it is saying the change is by me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events