Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Approver

Maggie November 4, 2020

I have a Jira project with pre-set approvers for the issue. To progress the issue we need 4 approvals, but if one person declines it then the issue won't be progressed. 

Is there any way that I could have "a super approver"; meaning that if this person would approve the request only one more approval would be required. But I still want to keep the other 2 approval options as well. 

If you know the solution, could I have a steps by step guide as I am new to Atlassian community.

Hope the above make sense.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

Hi Maggie, welcome to the Community. There isn't this concept inside JSD however there may be an acceptable solution. With the approval solution you can create an Agent bypass that allows an Agent to bypass the approval altogether. In effect the Agent becomes the super-approver. To achieve this simply add a transition (maybe call it approval-override or something) from the to be approved status to the approved status.

Maggie November 4, 2020

Thank you

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

I would suggest you start with the documentation as I think the instructions they provide might be clearer than mine. ;-)

add-an-approval-to-a-workflow 

in that doc you will see a note (info panel) that explains adding a third transition out of the to be approved status. Basically you end up with: Approve, Reject, Override transitions out of the status.

Like # people like this
Maggie November 11, 2020

Sam Ayres June 25, 2022

This is great! Thanks @Jack Brickey !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS