• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Super Approver

I have a Jira project with pre-set approvers for the issue. To progress the issue we need 4 approvals, but if one person declines it then the issue won't be progressed. 

Is there any way that I could have "a super approver"; meaning that if this person would approve the request only one more approval would be required. But I still want to keep the other 2 approval options as well. 

If you know the solution, could I have a steps by step guide as I am new to Atlassian community.

Hope the above make sense.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Nov 04, 2020

Hi Maggie, welcome to the Community. There isn't this concept inside JSD however there may be an acceptable solution. With the approval solution you can create an Agent bypass that allows an Agent to bypass the approval altogether. In effect the Agent becomes the super-approver. To achieve this simply add a transition (maybe call it approval-override or something) from the to be approved status to the approved status.

Jack Community Leader Nov 04, 2020

I would suggest you start with the documentation as I think the instructions they provide might be clearer than mine. ;-)

add-an-approval-to-a-workflow 

in that doc you will see a note (info panel) that explains adding a third transition out of the to be approved status. Basically you end up with: Approve, Reject, Override transitions out of the status.

Like Maggie likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

209 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you