Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sum of logged time in parent and all linked issues (tempo)

Tomasz September 29, 2022

Dear Community,

I am looking for the following solution of the problem:

We are using Tempoplugin to register worklog for each ticket, in many situations our tickets has some relationships to the others, hence they are linked with some status like "relates to" .

Is there maybe any way to sum in a parent all time registered togheter with linked child issues? ( I know its possible by default for sub-tasks, but we can't use them in this scenario)

Thank you!!!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

@Tomasz -

As you mentioned that you are using Tempo plug in to capture worklogs, I would recommend you to contact the add-on vendor for possible assistance. https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2022

Hi @Tomasz 

If you are fine with a mktplace app, to get this data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

To visualize the hierarchy based on the issue links, we have created an app to track the progress at each level,

Key features of Links Hierarchy:

• Hierarchy upto 10 levels deep
  • Sum up of Time entered at each hierarchy level
  • Progress % on "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion at all levels
  • Ability to add/remove the columns on the report

Links HIerarchy.PNG

Tomasz October 4, 2022

Thanks @Rahul_RVS_Support  that did the trick! 

Thank you @Joseph Chung Yin for the link, I have written to tempo support, maybe there is another option. I was wondering about showing this values inside the parent ticket in the new field using scriptrunner, but so far doesn't work.

Like Rahul_RVS_Support likes this
Henri Volk November 17, 2022

Hi @Tomasz have you found a reasonable solution / anything coming back from Tempo?

Best
Henri

Tomasz November 21, 2022

Hi @Henri Volk 

Unfortunately none of the solution that I have found worked, except the plugin mentioned above which exactly did the trick. 

But my concept was to have this calculated inside the "main" ticket. I was able to find some sort of code on other sources that "potentially" can be used togehter with scriptrunner. If you are interested I can find it out and share with you.

best,

Tomasz

Henri Volk November 22, 2022

Hi @Tomaszthanks for your reply. We have some code for listing inside the ticket, but it is cumbersome to get the values collected correctly. The plugin listed seems to do the trick for me as well and I think I will go forward using it.

Thanks, Best
Henri

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events