Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit a Ticket via API?

Austin Ziegler February 26, 2021

This is similar to, but not quite the same as REST API for Submitting Bugs.

I have a server-side application that can detect an issue that requires human intervention and want to have it submit a support request automatically. This server-side application would not be showing a web browser in this case, and it needs to submit this request to our service management instace so that our client also has visibility into the issue.

Ideally, I could:

• Submit this on behalf of the client customer who can most readily solve the issue; and
  • Attach another participating client customer.

I’ve done some searching on this, but have not been able to find a good quick reference. I think I can reverse-engineer a service desk ticket submission form, but I’m not sure whether there are CSRF tokens on those forms or how to obtain one; I can also probably reverse-engineer a JS widget to do the same, but if there’s a reference on how to make this with a fairly simple POST request, it would be ideal.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

You can find the API for JSM here, https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/intro/. Another option to consider is using Opsgenie, since that is now part of JSM. You could then have Opsgenie create the request based on incoming alerts from your server application.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events