Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stockroom Feature for Inventory Management

Kerri Queton June 7, 2021

We are a company that stock and issue uniforms to the employees and we are are looking to move away from the current inventory software as it's out of date.

Is there a stockroom feature or add-on available or is there a suggestion on how to handle a stockroom setup with Jira? As we would like to link a Uniforms form request to the items (ie. Check out/Check in) and user.

We do have Insight however from what i researched, i do not see a stockroom feature built in.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

You could use an Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) to do this. We have a room for peripherals that employees can request, and once the request is approved we have an automation that sends a web hook to our iPaaS system (tray.io) that adds access for the employee to that room for an amount of time.

We are thinking of integrating this with Insight, that way we can use Insight for inventory and generate notifications if the stock gets low for something.

Luis January 28, 2022

Greetings,  I see this post was from last year.   I am interested in knowing if any new tools that support inventory control have been added since. I am new to Jira. I am still working out details in navigation.

Scenario; We have a stock room used for parts repair and control inventory receivables, orders, and shortages.  

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2022

@Luis, You should probably create a separate question for this, and refer back to this one.

There apps in the Marketplace for inventory, if you have access to Insight (you need Jira Service Management Premium) you could use that to keep track of inventory.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events