Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status won't import

Kelly Ballwanz August 14, 2020

I am using the External Import - CSV option.  I can do the import, but status and resolution are not importing.

I am using a status in the workflow of the project, and a Resolution that exists within Jira, but the status imports as 'To Do' regardless of status in CSV file.

What am I missing?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2020

Hi @Kelly Ballwanz 

Jira does let you import status and resolution, as long as you're utilising the Admin Importer, as opposed to the user one.

The Admin one is accessed via as a Jira Admin via:

1. Go to Jira Admin (cog in top-right corner) > System
  2. Select External System Import from the left-hand side
  3. Choose CSV

--------------------------

^ I tested this just now - this is how I did it:

1. Create a CSV file with at least the column headers Summary, Status and Resolution
  2. Populate the file as required and press Save
  3. Go to the Admin Importer
  4. On File Import, select the CSV file
  5. On Setup, select the project (unless this is defined in the file)
  6. On Fields, map the column headers in the file to the relevant fields in Jira - for Status and Resolution, ensure you check "Map Field Value"
  7. On Values, ensure the correct statuses / resolutions are mapped between file and import values
  8. Press Begin Import

If you haven't tried Step 7, I'd do this first. This means you know the values are available when preparing the upload.

--------------------------

If this doesn't work - or this is how you did it - let us know!

Ste

0 votes
Maitrey Patel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

I was facing the same issue and found that, there was a custom field with the same name "Status". I renamed it for a while and imported CSV again. Magic happens :)

Vote if this is helpful!

0 votes
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 14, 2020

Hi @Kelly Ballwanz

We had a similar case and it turns out Jira doesn't allow you to import status!

This is not doable by Jira out of the box. 

iSystematics
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2020

Kelly Ballwanz September 14, 2020

Hey Najjar -

It is totally doable out of the box!  It took me a bit, but I was able to get it to work.

The problem (for us) was that when we Selected 'Status' as a field to be mapped, it was not selecting the system field, but an old custom field.  Once I made sure it was selecting the Field created by Jira it worked perfectly. 

I was also able to change 'Created' Dates. 

Hope you were able to get yours to work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events