Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status automatic updating after linking/moving to other board

Raj October 28, 2022

Hi Everyone,

Right now once ticket is in our queue we clone it and then move to relevant board and accordingly we are changing status of ticket at our end also.

Like ticket is in progress initially and when we clone and move to other team we are manually changing status to In Development

could there be any automation where after cloning/moving to other team our ticket status automatically changes from In progress to In development.

Basically i want automation to trigger when Issue link section has some ticket there, right now we are updating ticket manually i want this to be automated. 

(I am new to JIRA so in case some details i have missed please let me know will update the question)

1 answer

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

@Raj 

Hi Raj:

Are you referring your activities within different project(s)?

For cloning issue, it can only be done within the same project.  For moving issue, it can be done across different projects.  In the case of linking issues, it can be done within different projects.

So, it is unclear on what exactly you are asking.  Please provide more details (i.e. examples of your operations), and we will be able to suggest possible solutions to address your ask.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Raj October 28, 2022

Hi Joseph,

Sorry for not being clear let me try to explain through example.

Our project name- ABC

other product Board name on which we move ticket- XYZ

When we work on ticket this will be In Progress status

process for getting help by other team

-We need to clone first our ABC board  ticket let say  A123(ticket number

-that close ticket we move to XYZ board

Right now- when we clone and move  our ticket A123 of ABC Board to XYZ board, We are manually going on our A123 ticket and under workflow i will select in development to keep track of status

Now instead of doing it manually i want if my ticket from ABC board has been cloned or moved to XYZ Board than status should change to IN development automatically

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

@Raj -

I recommend that you take a look at the Automation for Jira (by Atlassian) for Server env - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

This add-on can achieve what you wanted, where you can create automation rule triggered by the Issue Moved action to automatically transition the issue moved into your XYZ project to the appropriate WF status.  You will create the rule in your XYZ project.

Here is an very high level automation rule design for your reference -

2022-10-28_15-39-04.png

Here are vendor documentation on this specific add-on -

https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation

Otherwise, you will likely required to develop your own custom script using Atlassian REST APIs to perform your desired automation.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events