Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Sprint Report Problems

Tom Veldhouse February 6, 2018

I'd like to start this discussion with a link to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Restore-a-deleted-Sprint/qaq-p/674181#M235014 post where I ran into a rather severe problem.

I have been using Jira for MANY years, but without many administrative responsibilities.  Recently, I have found myself in more of a administrator or power user role and I encountered a couple of issues.

1. From time to time, the Sprint Report shows sprints from multiple projects.
  2. We started a sprint in one project, but the sprint name defaulted to that of another project (and we didn't notice it).
  3. I noticed several sprints from several projects showing in the Sprint Report, that shouldn't be there.  So, I attempted to delete the sprints from the report.  Instead of deleting the sprints from the report, the sprints themselves were deleted!

The issue at hand here is one of both usability and bugs.

(1) above should not occur.  It seems to be a caching issue as it happened several times.  This is a bug.

(2) also is a bug.  The sprint should have been named for the project that I started it in.  Again, I suspect a caching (session) issue. 

(3) One should NOT ever be allowed to delete or modify data from within a report.  Doing so means it is no longer a report.  Please remove "Delete Sprint" from the Sprint Report.  

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events