cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting/Order of linked issues

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi,

In the processes we have set up with a client we are using linked issues to further divide the work of a larger item.

e.g. a big Change could be split in to multiple smaller ones (or sub-changes if other work needs to be done to facilitate the main change) and those issues are then linked to the "main" ticket.

Now that works fine however often we have a lot of these linked issues and the tracability of what is going on (what part is done/what not) can get lost.

A "quick fix" i'm looking at is to sort the linked issues based on their status, meaning I want the items that are Resolved to go to the bottom and the ones that are In Progress or New to be at the top of the list.

I did find the following article (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-linking/) which lets me do a sort of the linked issues but 

1. very limited fields to sort on
  2. no way to set the sorting to ASC or DESC

Does anybody know a way to make the linked issues more readable? or am I missing some dark feature that allows me more sorting options on those linked issues?

I'm contemplating to use multiple issue links (related/related Done/related In progress) and change the link depending on the status of the issue but that seems like cumbersome..

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2022

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans, I've searched for similar functionality but haven't found a way to handle it properly. I'm curious to learn whether we can customize it further and what others have experienced. Although you likely came across some related feature requests, I'll leave the reference here, DC and Cloud, so that others can check it out. I'm unsure if a marketplace app would be applicable or in scope in this case for you, so the Issue Matrix for Jira seems to be a great option to help you with that too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events