Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some users don't recieve my emails from Jira.

B4B Soluções Estratégicas February 15, 2021

Hi, I have a problem. Some users do not receive my emails from Jira.

I'm using the Gsuite client's email, I don't think the problem is on my side. I think the problem is in Jira.

Have any setting to work propertly? I cant check my log for sended emails. I'm blind.

I realized that this happened with email "@hotmail.com". Any tips to solve it?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

Hello @B4B Soluções Estratégicas,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that there are no users with hotmail.com email address, so I believe that when you say that users don’t receive notifications you mean customers, please, correct me if I’m wrong.

I saw that you created a ticket last year about the project email address and I can see that the domain is verified correctly.

How are customers creating tickets on your site? Are they using the customer portal or the email channel? 

Can you please confirm if all notifications are enabled on Project settings > Customer notifications (classic project) or Project settings > Notifications > Customer notifications (next-gen project)?

If the tickets are being created on their behalf directly in Jira (using the Create button), it’s important to select a request type, otherwise, customers won’t receive notifications.

Kind regards,
Angélica

B4B Soluções Estratégicas February 16, 2021

Hi, thanks for your reply, the problem is not with creating the ticket. The ticket was created correctly from my email.

This problem occurs when I answer the ticket in Jira.

I also created an automation to send emails to customers to confirm receipt (before 1 day, 3 days, etc.).

But this customer did not receive any email from me or from Jira Automation. I sent 3 emails and Jira Automation sent some emails. The customer searched your spam or promotion guide and found no email.

Usually, it works correctly. But as I can't see the log of my outgoing emails. I can't know if my client receives the email or not.

Can you help me?

How can I view the log of emails sent or log of ticket responses?

I will feel better with this log informing me if the email was sent or not.

Can I set a notification to know when the email is not received?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

Hi @B4B Soluções Estratégicas,

Are customers creating tickets using the email configured on Project settings > Email requests (Classic) or Project settings > Channels > Email (Next-gen)?

If it’s a classic project, can you confirm on the affected tickets if the request type is filled or empty?

Are they able to view the ticket in the customer portal?

Currently, it’s not possible to view outgoing mail logs. There is a feature suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

B4B Soluções Estratégicas February 17, 2021

Hi, answering your questions

1 - Are customers creating tickets using the email configured on Project settings > Email requests (Classic) or Project settings > Channels > Email (Next-gen)?

YES, I setup correctally. As I said, normally work in 99% cases. I think is the Jira problem with "@hotmail.com", it is make a sense? Can be?

2 - If it’s a classic project, can you confirm on the affected tickets if the request type is filled or empty?

It is not classic mode.

Any tips to solve it? 

1 - Are customers creating tickets using the email configured on Project settings > Email requests (Classic) or Project settings > Channels > Email (Next-gen)?

YES, I setup correctally. As I said, normally work in 99% cases. I think is the Jira problem with "@hotmail.com", it is make a sense? Can be?

2 - If it’s a classic project, can you confirm on the affected tickets if the request type is filled or empty?

It is not classic mode.

Any tips to solve it? 

I'm trying answer you, but the reply dissaper here.

1-

2-

It is not classic mode.

Any tips to solve it? 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 18, 2021

Hi @B4B Soluções Estratégicas,

It may have a bounce or a block on this specific address. If it’s happening only with this account it can be a block. 

Since community is public, it’s up to you if you want to post the affected email here. You can edit your own response and we have access to the history. So what can be done for me to check if there is a block is you to post the address and edit to remove it from your response.

It’s also important that the customer mark our domains as safe on outlook or any other mail client they are using.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events