Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some fields not showing in issue view

atarab May 10, 2021

Hi all, 

I am trying to set up the view screen for my issue, but I am having some trouble. 

There are two fields (image attached) that do not show up on the view screen no matter what I do. I've tried putting them in different tabs, but they do not show up anywhere. 

Screenshot 2021-05-10 133636.pngScreenshot 2021-05-10 133846.png

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thank you 

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hey @atarab ,

I can see you added the field to the issue type view which is a great first step.

Now, does your issue also have a request type linked to it? If so you'll also add it to the request type view for the agent. (which you can find when you go to the lower right side and click configure)

Also, what type of fields are they? You are using the new issue view (which is the current default) but not all types are already supported. 

atarab May 18, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans , 

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, there is no request type linked to the issue. I explained why here:

Request form and agent view configuration when moving issue 

Is there a way to use the old issue view? Would that solve this problem?

Thank you,

Atara

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

Well it might but you can't go back to the old issue view. There are some "hacks" to go back to it but those are not guaranteed to continue to work.

Could you elaborate on the type of field that they are?

atarab May 19, 2021

They are custom fields. 

One is a multi-line text field, and the other is a single-choice select list. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2021

Hmm not sure what's going on here.. I just recreated your situation on my instance and it works fine.

Are you sure you added the field to the edit/view screen? (and not only to the create screen)

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

Hi @atarab Does these two fields have any values associated with them while creating the Jira issues?

Can you check the the field context for these two fields if they are available for your project?

https://<site-url>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa

Search the custom field then click on 3 dots from right , select context and default value and confirm your affected project is available in that list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events