Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Site admin has a license for Jira Service Desk

I have an active directory group as the default group and the only group for application access in Jira Service Desk that contains 3 users. But there is a site admin that has is included  in the agents and I cannot remove him totaling my users to 4.

How can i remove him from the jira service desk agents members.

2 answers

1 vote

Hello @Petr,

Thank you for your question!

Although it’s been almost three years, the steps are still the same, but I just tested here and there is one more step.

Go to the Cog icon > User management > Product access > Administration access. 

By default it will be administrators and site-admins, so you can remove the site-admins group from Confluence and any other product if necessary.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 13.31.04.png 

Please, take your time to test and let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Angélica

@Angélica Luz As always, thank you!)

I never thought that deleting from this page would help!

I appreciate your time, all the best!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
1 vote

Hi George,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Usually, the group site-admins are also added on the product access, so when a site-admin is added they also receive a license for the product.
To fix that, please, go to Administration > Product access and remove the group from Service Desk:

Screenshot 2019-08-13_11-39-37-245.png

This configuration won't affect existing users, but for new users, when you add the group site-admins they won't receive the license, just the permission to be an admin.
After that, try removing the group jira-servicedesk-users from the profile of the affected user.

Regards,
Angélica

@Angélica Luz  Angelica, Good day!

Found your answer:) 

I'm trying to remove the confluence license from site-admins now, is there this option at the current time?
Despite the fact that I removed the site-admins group from confluence, when changing the user's role to site-administrator, all licenses are automatically activated.

Is it still possible? Thanks a lot!!

P.s: cloud version

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

778 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you