Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Onboarding Process

Dan Allenby January 22, 2021

Hi all,

I am trying to put together a very basic onboarding template, through one of the templated Request Types (Onboard new employees).  I have set this up, to show an employee start date, however when the Service Request comes through to the queue, the Employee start date does not show.  It will only show in the request portal.  Is there any way this information can be pulled through to the actual ticket?

Thanks,

Dan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

HI @Dan Allenby ,

The request portal issue and the agent issue are in fact the exact same thing just with a different view on it.

If the data was entered on the portal and you cannot see it, you should check whether the field is even on your screen. So go to your screen configuration of that specific issue type (not the Request type bu the issue type) and see whether the field is even on that screen

Especially if you have a create and an edit screen it could be that it is only one of the two

Dan Allenby January 26, 2021

Thanks for the reply @Dirk Ronsmans

The field i need to come through is not visible in the Agent View.   On the request form, i have a section for 'Employee Start Date' which when it is sent through as a Service Request, i cannot view, however it is visible in the portal.

I have looked at the agent view, and there appears to be no section for this to allow my team to see the start date the customer has added.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Could you maybe post a screenshot of your Agent view and Portal view configuration?

Because if it is on the portal view it has to be possible to also show it on the Agent view.

Dan Allenby January 28, 2021

Sure.

Here is the Request Form and how it shows in the portal.  As below, it has Employee Start date, which we ask customers to fill out.

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 10.42.22.pngScreenshot 2021-01-28 at 10.48.32.png

Here is the Agent view.  As you can see, the Employee start date is not present, so when we view the request once it comes through as a Service Request, the employee start date does not show.

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 10.44.50.pngScreenshot 2021-01-28 at 10.44.30.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

Ah perfect, thanks for the screenshots.

With the new issue view you have a small new thing I've noticed.

When you add a field to a Request Type screen (like your start date) it is not auto added on the Agent view screen. To even allow you to select it for that Agent view you need to go to:

Project Settins -> Screens -> choose the correct issue type and add it on the screen there (like you did in the old  issue view). 

Once it is on that screen you can also add it on the Agent View (for that Request Type). i even believe it then automatically is added to the "hide when empty" section, but not a 100% on that.

so you'll have to add it once to the issue type screen and then it will become available on the Agent view.

Dan Allenby January 28, 2021

Perfect!  Exactly what i was after.  Thanks for guiding me through this. 

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2022

Hi, @Dan Allenby !

If you`re ok with the Atlassian plug-ins, I suggest you try out Business Process Manager add-on, It perfectly meets your needs.

You can check how it automates the onboarding process  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events