Showing different lists in the components depending on the user

Riki YAMASHITA April 13, 2021

Hi everyone,

I have very strange issue: the list in "Compoment" is different depending on the customer. For example let's say there are one customer xxx@gmail.com which is showing a list of selection in "Component". However for customer zzz@outlook.com, it is showing different lists in "Component". Does anyone know why?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Hi Riki,

If I understand the concern here is that two different users are seeing different potential values for the Component field.  This should not happen when both users are viewing the same project.  Components are bound to the project they are created in, but they are not in any way restricted as to which users see which values.

I could see two possible explanations for why two users might see different values here.

1. These users are looking at different projects.  In which case, the behavior they report is expected.  Components are not a global field, but rather a system field whose values are bound to a particular project.
  2. The users are looking at different fields with the same or similar name.  A Jira administrator could have created a new custom field (of type label or component) and also named it Components.  Jira does not historically restrict your ability to have two fields with the same name.  So that is a possibility.  In which case these are not the same fields.  In your first sentence you mentioned the field name was "Compoment", which appears to substitute a second 'M' where the 'N' character should be.  Perhaps this was just a typo in your community post, but if not, this would certainly explain the behavior as well.

I would recommend trying to walk through these two possibilities first to better understand the cause here.  If never appears to explain this, please let me know more about what each users sees and where within the application and perhaps we can investigate this further.

Andy

Riki YAMASHITA May 10, 2021

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for your reply and sorry for my late response. I see that only one user is seeing different values in Component field. When I recreate the values again in Component field, all user where showing properly except for this user. Therefore maybe your assumption is correct, this user could be looking at different project. On top of this, I think this user was created when I was doing lots of tests and might have made some confusion.

Thanks so much again for your advice.
Best regards,
Riki

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders