Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show priority on Customer Portal (Jira Service Desk)

Jeff Santos April 8, 2019

Is there a way to show priority field on customer portal without allowing curtomers to set it on ticket creation?

We have made an automation that sets the priority according to other fields values.

Its wor'king perfectly, however, we still want to show customers the priority calculated.

The only way I found of doing it, was making the priority field available on the ticket creation, which would be wierd, once the value would be changed after, according to the oher fields.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Hi @Jeff Santos ,

It hasn't implemented yet.

Please vote this feature request JSDSERVER-3387. You can find third party add-on solutions offered in comments of this issue.

Regards.

Jeff Santos April 9, 2019

Thanks Tansu!

We have voted here in order to Atlassian implement it.

Like rio197 likes this
Rojan Koc February 13, 2020

Is there a link/extension which support the "Priority" field on the customer portal?

Leon Hendry September 30, 2020

No need for an extension or add on now.

(Cloud instance)

project settings-> request types-> edit fields-> Request form tab->add field

Like # people like this
Germán Barrientos Mora October 14, 2020

I think this is a MUST, no need to vote, any issue tracking tool have it, it is surprising for me that Jira does not.

rio197 November 9, 2020

Thank you, Tansu. I voted.

Voting a feature request is important to make visible to the software makers that a certain feature has value to us.

2 votes
Rob Peterson February 24, 2021

You can show in the request listing: 

2021-02-24_090840.png

It doesn't show inside of the request, but will show on the listing:
project -> project settings -> portal settings

Click on the "Customize help center" link

Within the Portal page that opens, click "Requests" button at the top and make a selection.

Once that loads, click the "Customize" tab that is on the sidebar.

Ying Zhang July 28, 2021

Thanks a lot for this information.  Exactly what I've been looking for.

Is it also possible to allow a customer to change the priority of his/her tickets?

Rob Peterson August 4, 2021

@Ying Zhang - I don't believe there is a way for it to be editable by the customer; however, we've always taken the approach to escalate them on behalf of the customer - in prior systems, some clients would abuse and claim everything was a high-priority so we were always down-grading them (based on our matrix of prioritization/severity) and inevitably were touching each ticket to do so.  So, in the end, we put everything to it's lowest priority.

Dominic Peters October 26, 2021

but this in only for cloud instances..

Carey Chesmore August 5, 2022

I don't seem to have the option to customize these columns. The "customize" button flashes for a moment and disappears. I can customize the announcements as well as the look and feel. The columns in the submitted requests table are not able to be edited for me, even when logged in as a Sys Admin. Any thoughts to this? 

Dave June 9, 2023

Fantastic -- thanks!

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Not OOTB. I understand there are addons that could fulfill the requirement. I recommend you search the Marketplace if that is an option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events