Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Assets assigned to users on Tickets

IT Support April 26, 2023

We would like to list the assets that have been issued to users on the tickets they are the reporter on. 

I have tried multiple ways of creating custom fields, but i either get it saying none or it wants me to link the items to the ticket. 

All we are trying to do is list them. If we go to the user profile, we see issued assets. Can that be listed on the Ticket screen? 

I am not understanding Filter scope, filter issue scope, filter assign scope and the various other settings depending on which custom field I create. 

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

@IT Support -

I am assuming you are asking how to associate JSM issues to the Asset's object?  If so, you have to set your custom fields (sourced from Assets schema objects) and expose them in your JSM issue's screen, where you can further populate the custom fields.  

Once the custom fields are populated, then the Assets object will be associated to the JSM issues.  The important thing is that those custom fields must be sourced from Assets Schema.  This is a special type of custom field setup.

Here is the reference link on how to create custom fields sourced from Assets schema objects - 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/6-link-your-object-schema-to-a-jira-project-1044784360.html

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events