Shared access to issues within the same organization

Jonas Christensen October 27, 2020

What we want to achieve
All customers belonging to the same organization should have access to issues and requests reported by someone in their organization. In my understanding, if "Reporter" is a person in the organization the rest of the organization will have access to that issue when logging in to the portal.

What we have done
1. Created an organization under "Customers" in the Service Desk project
2. Added 4 customers to this organization
3. Changed "Reporter" on a few incidents to be one of the 4 customers.
4. In Project settings | Customer permissions we have set the "Who can customers share requests with?" option to "Other customers in their organization. This option only allows them to search for customers in their organization."

What we are experiencing
1. The Organization name is visible as an option from the "Requests" menu in the portal (in addition to the default "Created by me" and "All" options.
2. When logged in as one of the customers, that customer can't see any of the issues reported by someone in the organization, except those that customer have reported himself/herself.

Suggestions on how to solve this? 

We have not changed anything regarding global permissions on this. Also, none of the customers are registered with any other kind of access (i.e. service desk agent or similar) in addition to being a customer in the organization in question.

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

Hi @Jonas Christensen 

When creating a ticket you should see the share with button which by default will select the first organisation the user belongs to.

org.png

So if the ticket is not shared with the right organisation, then the customer won't be able to see it.

Ok, now I see that option in the portal. What about tickets that are created by a service desk agent on behalf of the customer and not created in the portal by the customer himself/herself?

@Prince Nyeche Do you know how this can be solved?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events