What we want to achieve
All customers belonging to the same organization should have access to issues and requests reported by someone in their organization. In my understanding, if "Reporter" is a person in the organization the rest of the organization will have access to that issue when logging in to the portal.
What we have done
1. Created an organization under "Customers" in the Service Desk project
2. Added 4 customers to this organization
3. Changed "Reporter" on a few incidents to be one of the 4 customers.
4. In Project settings | Customer permissions we have set the "Who can customers share requests with?" option to "Other customers in their organization. This option only allows them to search for customers in their organization."
What we are experiencing
1. The Organization name is visible as an option from the "Requests" menu in the portal (in addition to the default "Created by me" and "All" options.
2. When logged in as one of the customers, that customer can't see any of the issues reported by someone in the organization, except those that customer have reported himself/herself.
Suggestions on how to solve this?
We have not changed anything regarding global permissions on this. Also, none of the customers are registered with any other kind of access (i.e. service desk agent or similar) in addition to being a customer in the organization in question.
When creating a ticket you should see the share with button which by default will select the first organisation the user belongs to.
So if the ticket is not shared with the right organisation, then the customer won't be able to see it.
We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan. &nb...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event