SharePoint Connector to JIRA

Suresh Abeyweera March 26, 2021

I am looking to have a Sharepoint Connector from Jira. So within a  Issue Number there should be a link or some thing when I clink that it shoud open up the Sharepoint excel file which has linked to that specific project. (May be in a seperate tab in the browser)

Is there any connector free of charge I can use to do this task.

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Thanks @Stuart Capel - London  for the Feedbacks. I will explain more about my requirement. In a given Project at each issue Number there should be a one link (All same in each issue numbers) shown where user can click.And by clicking on that link it shoud be directed to one SharePoint excel file

So my intention is I am going to keep an excel database in SharePoint or onedrive. From Jira I shoud be able to open in a new browser perhaps and updating that document.

(Click from Issue number screen).Sample of the database attached

1.png

0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

Hi Suresh,

There's no free sharepoint connector but there is an official Excel add-on for free on The Atlassian marketplace.

I'm not sure I follow what you're hoping to do here. You can add external links URL's in the description of each issue in Jira if you want users to be able to navigate to Sharepoint?

Hi Thanks @Stuart Capel - London  for the Feedbacks. I will explain more about my requirement. In a given Project at each issue Number there should be a one link (All same in each issue numbers) shown where user can click.And by clicking on that link it shoud be directed to one SharePoint excel file

So my intention is I am going to keep an excel database in SharePoint or onedrive. From Jira I shoud be able to open in a new browser perhaps and updating that document.(Click from Issue number screen)

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

No problem Suresh,

You could probably set up an automation rule that would add this link to every new ticket that was created but I'm not sure why you would want to do that?

Surely Jira is a better place to keep your system of record?

Like Suresh Abeyweera likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events