Share settings with an existing project

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

When i use option "Share settings with an existing project" will i get copied over to the new project:

1. SLAs
  2. Automations
  3. Queues

Failed to find anything specific what actually is copied and what left 'blank'

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

@Alexey

SLA's, queues, and even Request types will all copy over. The automations will not. That being said, it's easy enough to copy a rule and then change the project it runs on.

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Thanks!

Maurice Stassen August 10, 2022

Hello Kian,

Is it really a copy of the settings (when using "Share settings with an existing project") or is it really a share?
In other words: After the new project being created with this option on, what can i change in the new project without changing the configuration of the original project?

Thanks in advance for your help on this,

Maurice

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

@Maurice Stassen

You can modify the project name, project key, and who occupies the projects roles. Other items such as components and versions are also managed separately in each project. Items that would need to watch out for would be the workflows, screens, permission schemes, ect. Those get shared between projects when create a project using another one as a template. 

0 votes
Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2022

@Maurice Stassen i already 'shared' settings with more than 45 JSM projects, they only take a 'snapshot' of the selected project and copy settings, after creation you get 2 completely independent projects.

The only thing they have in common are global project schemes like workflow, notification screens and similar stuff. 

SLA, requests, organizations, people, help center settings, automations - all independent. 

That's actually a bad thing, for instance i decided to change request description of a 'Bug', meaning i need to do it 45 times in 45 different projects, since there is no scheme for the requests. 

Maurice Stassen August 10, 2022

Thanks, Alexey.

In my opinion, Atlassian should consider supporting both options: copy and share (really share).

Maurice

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events