Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share dashboard to customer accounts ?

Laurent MASCLIN November 6, 2018

Hello JIRA community,

I need help because my customer (CIO and committee) ask to see all incidents for checking status.

I create a dahboard for this status with all autorization for this project.

I don't have button or link on the portal with customer account.

If i connected with login/pwd of one customer account, then i add my dashborad url, i come back on the customer portal (302 error).

After many test, i finished to all customer account give maximum autorisation to see that (add user JIRA Sevice Desk + Service Desk team role).

I don't understand to give all access of my customer account for just to see one dashboard  (only viewer mode).

Than how-to 2 things :

- See my dashboard to all accounts of my customer ?

- Create a link or button on the portal to my dashboard ? (the best will under my request link on profil)

Best regards community,

Laurent M.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

Customer cannot access "dashboards" this feature is only available to those w/ application access (paid licenses).

Laurent MASCLIN November 6, 2018

I think that's absolutely ridiculous to paid licenses for see dashbaord without create, modification and remove access.

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

Well, it's a service desk & not a full fledged Jira. All customers can access it for FREE. If you want dashboards, go for Jira Core or Software. Hint: If your CIO & committee counts 10 or less, get an Jira Software license for USD 10 / year & you have dashboards for them...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

@Laurent MASCLIN, you can watch and vote for one of these suggestions to allow customers access to dashboards:

JSDCLOUD-5428

JSDCLOUD-1536

Like # people like this
Laurent MASCLIN November 7, 2018

I imagine that if I buy licenses for each customer and I assign rights (JSD + role) to view my dashboard.
The customer will have privileges same of my project manager and finaly for me it is a security breach. I don't want to make it.

For the "JSDSERVER-1536" incident that has been created since 2015 and I have impression that the project will not happen. Have you a roadmap on this implementation ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2018

@Laurent MASCLIN, most of us in the Community are users just like yourself and can’t speak to any roadmap plans. The exception is if you see a  lozenge by the poster’s name that says “Atlassian Team”. That said, you generally want see any communication about roadmap commitments here in the Community as it is the wrong forum for such.

IMO, dashboards will not be made available to Customers. Maybe in time the portal will evolve to allow some dashboard like features, but this is simply my opinion. In the meantime you might check the Marketplace for portal addons.

Laurent MASCLIN November 7, 2018

@Jack Brickey, Thank you very for your help.

I was hoping that JIRA company was informing all community users about their different fixes or release with a roadmap (include the forecast dates).

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018

Oh, the JIRA company (Atlassian) does this. Check:

Jira Service Desk Server Open Issues

You can filter for all kind of issues (open, closed, version, status,...). Atlassian won't publish any dates or roadmaps, but you get an idea what they're working on.

Another page is:

Jira Service Desk Release Notes

You'll find all new features & the issues solves under this minor version number (3.15.0, 3.15.1,...)

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2018

As you were conferring in your question to "my customer" (singular), I thought that the number of persons asking for a dashboard is rather restricted (<= 10). Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested buying a small license.

Best

JP

Madineni March 18, 2021

Hi All, 

I too accept, providing license to customers is  really a security breach.

Is their any add-ons that's enables JIRA or JSM dashboards to share with the customers of JSM.

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Madineni ,

We provide a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira that allows sharing JSM and JSW dashboards externally, in a secure way. We are about to launch the server and data center versions. You can see a live dashboard here

https://bit.ly/ITSM_dashboard

If you want, ping me and I can notify you as soon as the server version is available, my email is gorka at roninpixels dot com

Best regards

Madineni March 19, 2021

Hi @Gorka Puente _Appfire_ ,

Thanks for the information. Here I have two queries.     1. When the dashboard is shared with a link to externals, will they will see the results or does they access issues in the gadgets of dashboard.

2. Is it possible to use date fields in the gadgets available(like created date, resolved date etc). 

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 19, 2021

Hi @Madineni

1. They can only access the information displayed in the gadgets, you can decide to show more or less information. They won't be able to access to issues. Check this dashboard https://bit.ly/AgileTeam_dashboard in the third slide there're issues from different Jira instances (server, data center and cloud), but you won't be able to access them.
  2. Yes, depending on the gadget you can work with date fields, for example here you can see Resolved issues by month.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events