cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share customer organisations across two projects

Martyn October 12, 2020

Hi.

I have two projects.

One is a first line support desk (project A)

another is another support desk that is linked to the first one (project B)

All of my organisations and customers have been created within project A, is there a way to get these available within project B?

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

@Martyn - yep, go to project B, click "Customers", click "Add organizations", then choose the existing organization from the dropdown.

Martyn October 12, 2020

Thanks, this is good.

It would be great if we could just have a shared pool rather then having to add across the two

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

@Martyn - great! Can you elaborate on shared pool?

A JSD organization isn't specific to a Jira project - you can add one or more organizations to multiple projects as-needed.

Martyn October 12, 2020

Can this be done at the point of creating the organisation ?

At the moment if I create an organisation within Project A, I then need to manually add it to Project B as you described above.

If possible it would be nice to click "Customers", click "Add organizations", but also select the projects to add to.

Does that make sense ?

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2020

@Martyn - not that I know of, unfortunately.

Even if you create a new service desk project based on an existing service desk project configuration, the defined customer organizations from the source project don't follow along...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events