Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up approval workflow with approvers

Pat October 1, 2020

Hi,

I am trying to work with a basic approvals workflow and have trouble attaching a group of approval users to the workflow to approve it so the ticket progress.

Scenario: I would like to select 5 people from HR to approve our IT Onboarding tickets before we work on them. This is so that the requestor has completed everything in the recruitment and onboarding process before IT create their system access.

How I see this working: The workflow would have the list of 5 approvers and once a request is raised, they would get some notification either by email or Slack (can incorporate Jira Automation here).

In the Workflow editor, I can select on the 'Waiting for approval' status and add approval but this doesn't really do what I want it to. 

What's the best way to do this? Should I just run everything through Jira Automation instead from the workflow?

approvals.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2020

Hi @Pat ,

the approval functionality provided by JSD is probably the correct spot already. If you want to pre-set the list of approvers, you can do so by heading to 'Edit request type', clicking 'Hide' on the 'Approvers' field and selecting those 5 users.

In the screenshot you've added you basically just control the number of approvals needed from those 5 users.

Cheers
Thorsten

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

@Pat Are you using add-on JSU Automation Suite JSU Automation Suite ?

Pat October 1, 2020

No just Automation for Jira. I am not looking to purchase any additional add-ons for this task as I believe it can be achieved natively.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

@Pat I believe you can achieve that , for a trial use JSU Automation Suite add-on. After that through post function select Update Any Issue Field (JSU).

Untitled.jpg

Here you can add the required approvals user names.

try and let me know.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events